Updated emoji working draft

William_J_G Overington wjgo_10009 at btinternet.com
Mon Apr 14 03:54:26 CDT 2014

> I don't think anything like what you suggest would be feasible, or desirable.

Decoding a nine-character markup bubble to an unmapped monochrome glyph using an OpenType font is known to be possible as I have done that using a font made using High-Logic FontCreator 7 with the font tested using Serif PagePlus X5.

Colour fonts are now available and OpenType COLR/CPAL colour fonts can be made using FontCreator 7.5.

I do not at present have access to an application that is both OpenType-aware and that can also support colour fonts. Some people might have access to such an application: I do not know at present.

William Overington