Emoji

James Lin James_Lin at symantec.com
Wed Apr 2 12:00:08 CDT 2014

Emoji or 顔文字, literally means Face word or Face Characters, essentially,
provides an emotional state in the context of words.  Emoji is very
popular in APJ, and specially in Japan where most of your text will
contain at least half dozen Emoji characters.  Remember, people in Japan
spend more than half of their commute in the train, and no talk on the
cellphone in the train, so most people text instead.

Everyone can guess what are the following emoji that used frequently in
Japan:

ヽ( ̄д ̄;)ノ - worried

ヾ(@゜▽゜@)ノ - happy

ヽ(#`Д´)ノ - angry