What is the codepoint / sequence of codepoints to generate this symbol?

John Hudson via Indic indic at unicode.org
Mon Jan 13 12:14:40 CST 2020

As I recall, there is an open question regarding what character should
be used to encode the dot above

     1CEC    VEDIC SIGN ANUSVARA VAMAGOMUKHA WITH TAIL

In a Devanagari font, it will seem intuitive to use

     0902    DEVANAGARI SIGN ANUSVARA

but the Vedic sign is used with other scripts too, so perhaps some
generic combining dot character would be more appropriate?

I think this question has not been officially resolved yet.

JH

--

John Hudson
Tiro Typeworks Ltd    www.tiro.com
Salish Sea, BC        tiro at tiro.com

NOTE: In the interests of productivity, I am currently
dealing with email on only two days per week, usually
Monday and Thursday unless this schedule is disrupted
by travel. If you need to contact me urgently, please
use some other method of communication. Thank you.