Deterministic sorting impossible for Tibetan with current state

Élie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Tue May 12 16:07:23 CDT 2015

> The combination
> - prefix མ, main letter ང, suffix ས
> does not exist in the dictionaries referenced from
> http://developer.mimer.com/charts/tibetan.htm.
>
> Where did you find it?

There are a few examples of these page 48 of "Manuel de Tibétain
Standard" by Nicolas Tournadre. It exists in English under the name
"Manual of Standard Tibetan", but the page might not be the same.

The example he cites are (in ewts):

- dabs vs. dbas
- mangs vs. mgnas
- dangs vs. dgnas
- dgas vs dags (this one is often disambiguated with dwags)

"mgnas" seems rare indeed, I can only find it in the word "gzugs mngas".
But I'm no expert in Tibetan, I can ask some people with more knowledge
if you want confirmation.

Thank you,
--
Elie