ignoring characters in collation (for Tibetan)

Élie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Mon Jun 8 10:19:47 CDT 2015

> Unless you can use the prefix rule,

I admit it's very difficult for me to understand the prefix rule, but
I'm quite sure it can't be applied here...

> you will just have to accept the
> problem that if characters aren't nearly in the order wanted for
> collation, the tables just explode.

I'll add the 320 new elements to the table then :)

> However, you may be able to reduce
> the number of elements by assuming that words conform to grammar. For
> example, where in the word does Tibetan grammar allow these marks
> to go?

Under the main letter (or stack) of any syllable, these are markers used
(among other things) in the long life prayers to "underline" the name of
the person it is dedicated to, and names can contain any syllable. So
it's kind of like putting something in italic or bold.

Thank you,
--
Elie