collation test

Dewi Kerbrat dewi.kerbrat at opab.bzh
Wed May 20 07:08:37 CDT 2020

Hello,

I work in public office for Breton language. We take part in the CLDR
survey tool for Breton locale data.
We would like to add a collation for breton language, but I have a few
questions. I have read the collation guideline here
http://cldr.unicode.org/index/cldr-spec/collation-guidelines, but the
links to demos seem to be dead so I can’t test the rules I’ve built.
The alphabet order in breton would be :
a, b, c, ch, c'h, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, m, n, o, p, q, r, s, t, u,
v, w, x, y, z

So I built those rules :

&C<ch<<<Ch<<<CH<c’h<<<C’h<<<C’H
&n<<ñ

Is there a way to test them ? If we don’t add rules for accentuated
characters, will they be considered as equal to the non-accentuated
character or with a secondary level rule ? (for example, a<<  à ?)

Thank you for your help,
Best regards

--

*Dewi Kerbrat*
Penn Raktres Yezh ha Neveziñ Niverel — Chef de Projet Langue et

*Ofis Publik Ar Brezhoneg*
8 plasenn ar Marichal Juin — place du Maréchal Juin
35000 ROAZHON — RENNES
dewi.kerbrat at opab.bzh <mailto:dewi.kerbrat at opab.bzh>
www.brezhoneg.bzh <http://www.brezhoneg.bzh>