Locale bringup and barriers for entry

Steven R. Loomis via CLDR-Users cldr-users at unicode.org
Tue Sep 25 16:48:33 CDT 2018

The numbering system is defined in TR 35 in
https://unicode.org/reports/tr35/tr35-numbers.html#Numbering_Systems in
terms of either '*numeric*' (which are decimal systems, just substituting
different digits for "0123456789", such as “꘠꘡꘢꘣꘤꘥꘦꘧꘨꘩”  for the Vai
language, or else *algorithmic* which are more complex rule based. I
suppose octal and tonal (hexadecimal?!) could be supported by the
algorithmic approach.