Locale bringup and barriers for entry

Marcel Schneider via CLDR-Users cldr-users at unicode.org
Mon Sep 24 07:00:26 CDT 2018

Now sadly this discussion seems to be down without having brought up a large diversity
of points of view, suggestions, desiderata and advice. So I need to conclude that despite
the appearances, we didn’t aim at using just another occasion to vent about our contributor
experience with CLDR. What we intended through our posting is:

1. Inform new contributors so they won’t be surprised and may wish to develop strategies
   beforehand to eventually mitigate adverse effects of the state of the art, though we’re
   expecting that all or part of the cited problems will be fixed prior to next survey round.

2. Motivate responsive people to fix all problems in urgency so that no contributors get
   discouraged when encountering any of those problems.

3. Contribute to the requested brainstorm.

We hope we’ve done our part to reach these goals, and
we’d welcome any other effort to enrich the feedback harvest.

Thanks,

Marcel