Re: Igbo [ig] exemplar characters set should not have ẹ

Patrick Chew via CLDR-Users cldr-users at unicode.org
Wed Nov 14 15:58:47 CST 2018

While unlikely to be canonical resource, the following show use of <ẹ>,
unmarked-as-dialect *and* overtly marked as Igbo dialects:

https://wikitravel.org/en/Igbo_phrasebook
An Ókárá Ẹ̀kpẹ̀ resist-dyed with nsibidi symbols
ọ̀gị́nị́ kwánụ́/gị́nị́ mẹ̀rẹ̀    very direct and informal, literally
'what's happening'.
How are you?    Kèdú kà ímẹ̀rẹ̀?
Thank you.    Dālụ́/Imẹ̄lá.
buttocks    ị́kẹ̀
red        mmẹ-mmẹ, uhie
Where does this train/bus go?    Ébé òlé ka ụgbo igwẹ/bosu nka na ga?
Where is the train/bus to _____?    Ébé òlé ka ụgbo igwẹ/bosu dị, nke na ga
_____?
Does this train/bus stop in _____?    Ụgbo igwẹ/bosu nka, ọ nà kúshí na
_____?
When does the train/bus for _____ leave?    Mgbe òle ka ụgbo igwẹ/bosu nke
na ga _____?
When will this train/bus arrive in _____?    Mgbe òle ka ụgbo igwẹ/bosu nkè
gi ru _____?
...the airport?    ... ẹ̄pọ̀tụ̀?
A glass of red/white wine, please.    Nkalama ḿmáñyá mmẹ mmẹ/ọchá, biko.
Do you have this in my size?    Ì nwẹrẹ ihëa na àsàm?/Ì nwẹrẹ ihëa na amàm?
You're cheating me.    Ì na è fébém na ányá./I na ẹ mérém mu jobu.
Can I have a bag?    Ì nwẹrẹ àkpà?
I haven't done anything wrong.    Ọ̀ dị́ghị̀ íhyéḿ mẹ̀rẹ̀.
Chínēkè é kwélé ị́hyẹ́ ọ́jọ̄    'God will not allow a bad thing'    An
exclamation made out of shock when a bad thing happens.

https://books.google.com/books?id=FD4iDAAAQBAJ&pg=PA58&dq=%E1%BA%B9&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj2v_CO7tTeAhVRJDQIHWbKDzMQ6AEIKjAA#v=onepage&q=%E1%BA%B9&f=false
"Affixation and Auxiliaries in Igbo" by Onumajuru, Virginia Chinwe
Ọnịcha Igbo <ẹ>

https://www.academia.edu/23308295/On_the_Vowels_of_Imilike_Dialect_of_the_Igbo_Laanguage
"On the Vowels of Imilike Dialect of the Igbo Laanguage" (Gerald Nweya)
Imilike Igbo

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/253846534_Reflections_on_Address_Politeness_in_Igbo_Family
Mbieri Igbo

http://www.skase.sk/Volumes/JTL26/pdf_doc/04.pdf
"… there are many sounds (mainly consonants found in some other dialects of
Igbo which are lacking in the Onwu Orthography."