CLDR 33-beta is now available.

Marcel Schneider via CLDR-Users cldr-users at unicode.org
Wed Mar 14 21:37:41 CDT 2018

Likewise, pulling out a simple example:
http://unicode.org/repos/cldr/trunk/specs/ldml/tr35-keyboards.html#Definitions
still has:
“Key: A key on a physical keyboard.”
while
http://charupdate.info/unicode/revision/tr35/33-50/tr35-keyboards.html#Definitions
proposes:
“Key: A button on a physical or virtual keyboard.”

Other example: L and R should be prefixes like already in part of the spec, not suffixes.
See rationale in:
https://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/10906

Given the varying use — suffix, prefix — concatenations of modifiers should use +,
again like already in part of the spec (while in other parts of the same page they
are concatenated without plus sign). The proposed edit has all added plus signs highlighted.

In‐text tables should have cellpadding, like this:

The last version has several instances of:
which have all been removed for the actual draft revision!

There must be something intentional, then.
However, the idea was that leaving all those mistakes in the first place reflects worse on
Unicode than having one revision with plenty of those small edits highlighted.

Best regards,

Marcel

> Message du 15/03/18 00:52
> De : "Marcel Schneider via CLDR-Users"
> A : "Steven Loomis" , "CLDR-Users"
> Copie à :
> Objet : Re: CLDR 33-beta is now available.
>

> The beta version of CLDR release 33 is now available for testing. See http://cldr.unicode.org/index/downloads/cldr-33for details.

http://unicode.org/repos/cldr/trunk/specs/ldml/tr35-keyboards.html

has still the inconsistencies and layout issues corrected in:

http://charupdate.info/unicode/revision/tr35/33-50/tr35-keyboards.html

http://charupdate.info/unicode/revision/tr35/33-51/tr35-keyboards.html

linked from:

https://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/10901

If the editors are lacking the time needed to implement the fixes, I feel
committed to lend a helping hand because Unicode simply cannot leave
that spec in the actual state without serious image damages. At least I
would feel ashamed to cite the paper anywhere (talking about keyboards).

Best regards,

Marcel