en_GB.xml Gregorian Date Formats

Steven R. Loomis via CLDR-Users cldr-users at unicode.org
Wed Mar 14 16:26:19 CDT 2018

George,
> It would be nice if the en_GB.xml file referenced it's parent

I appreciate the idea, however, the XML files are not designed to be looked
at in isolation. That's why we put this notice at the top:

" CLDR data files are interpreted according to the LDML specification (
http://unicode.org/reports/tr35/) "

Is there a better way to word this?

Please also see the Implementer's guide and FAQ at
https://github.com/unicode-org/cldr-implementers-guide/  - if you think
this would be a good FAQ can you open an issue, or better yet a pull
request there?