Igbo [ig] exemplar characters set should not have ẹ

Denis Jacquerye via CLDR-Users cldr-users at unicode.org
Wed Jul 25 04:16:36 CDT 2018

Hi,

I’m posting this here since the spambot refuses to let me open new issues
on the Bug Tracking site.

ẹ U+1EB9 doesn’t seem to be used in Igbo, yet it is listed in the CLDR Igbo
[ig] locale default exemplar characters set.
It cannot be found in:
- Igbo Wikipedia site
- BBC Igbo site
- Wikipedia Igbo Language article
- Kay Williamson, *Dictionary of Ọ̀nị̀chà Igbo*, 2006
- Yvonne C. Mbanefo, *Okowaokwu Igbo Umuaka : Igbo Dictionary for Children*,
2016
- Windows Igbo keyboard layout

- I haven’t checked Ayo Bamgbose, Orthographies of Nigerian languages:
manual I, Lagos, Federal Ministry of Education, National Language Centre,
1982.

ẹ U+1EB9 should be removed from the Igbo [ig] default exemplar characters
set
Cheers,
--
Denis Moyogo Jacquerye