Full wide numbers

Rafael Xavier rxaviers at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 10:07:13 CST 2017

Hi everyone,

I have a question for you about numbering systems...

Chinese uses latn for the default nu (zh), hanidec for the native nu
(zh-u-nu-native), hans for the traditional nu (zh-u-nu-traditio), and
hansfin for finance nu (zh-u-nu-finance). CLDR also includes data for the
*numeric* cited numbering systems, i.e., latn and hanidec (e.g.,
decimalFormats-numberSystem-latn
<https://github.com/unicode-cldr/cldr-numbers-modern/blob/30.0.3/main/zh/numbers.json#L82>
and decimalFormats-numberSystem-hanidec
<https://github.com/unicode-cldr/cldr-numbers-modern/blob/30.0.3/main/zh/numbers.json#L47>).
So far so good...

My question is, what decimalFormats (percentFormats, currencyFormats, etc)
should be used for another arbitrary numbering system? For example, using
fullwide numbering system in Chinese (zu-u-nu-fullwide). There's no
decimalFormats-numberSystem-fullwide. I didn't find anything in UTS Part 3:
Numbers about
<http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr35/tr35-numbers.html#Numbering_Systems>
defining what to do in such case.

ICU seems to handle that case fine though:
http://demo.icu-project.org/icu4jweb/flexTest.jsp?pat=yMd&_=zh%40numbers%3Dfullwide

Is there any recommendation implementations should follow?
Thanks

--
+55 (16) 98138-1583, skype: rxaviers
http://rafael.xavier.blog.br