Compound transforms/transliteration how to read?

Work Mr at eibbor.co.uk
Wed Sep 14 14:45:37 CDT 2016

If I had a transform "Han-Latin/Names; Any-Latin; Latin-ASCII"

How would I read this ?

I think the above relies on anything which is not Han-Latin/Names 'falling through' from input to output unchanged and then the next transform is applied .... Is that correct  and is it a how the transforms work ?

I am also wondering if Any-Latin is not a recommended transform to use when considering other language systems ? (Else what's the point of the specific transforms like Hans-Latin)

Finally what is the term for the  /Names part of the first transform ?

Kind Regards,
Mark

Sent from my iPhone