Re: Chén , Shěn and 沈 pinyin confusion

Work Mr at eibbor.co.uk
Tue Sep 13 23:27:37 CDT 2016

>From what has been said earlier by Markus and Peter does anyone know if 沈 transforms/transliterates  to Shěn if the Names variant of Han-Latin transform is invoked ?

I think Peter's reply was saying it would, but I was not sure.

I will talk to Dev team about invoking the names variant and have a chat with guys about the pronunciation field as a catch all fall back.

At the minute the subject field mapping when views as a sorted list seems to be the big groan coming back at me, so maybe the invoking the  Names variant of Han-Latin transform is a quick win while we look into the pronunciation suggestion.

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone