Re: Chén , Shěn and 沈 pinyin confusion

Work Mr at eibbor.co.uk
Tue Sep 13 15:52:20 CDT 2016

Peter,

Thankyou for your response.

That in essence is what our application is trying to do - transform to pinyin then sort as pinyin (but display the Chinese text), but somehow we may be using the utilities at our disposal incorrectly?

If it makes any difference I think we are using CLDR22 which is a little old and so not sure of limitations here or if Names variant was around then too.

Is it possible to tell from the zh.xml file alone how names would resolve to the most likely result or is it trickier than that.

Also can you advise how do you invoke the Hans-Latin names variant ?

Sent from my iPhone