HTTPS Access

Philippe Verdy verdy_p at wanadoo.fr
Sun May 17 08:34:32 CDT 2015

That's a good argument, addiitionally HTTPS helps securing transactions
from trusted users and securing their private data against abuses.

HTTPS is no longer an option on the web, I support (like many) HTTPS
everywhere (and it is no longer costly to support with existing
architectures, hardwares, and software libraries on servers and clients
that have been largely optimized for speed and efficient use of resources;
even processors today have support for accelerating the needed algorithms;
the performance impact is now invisible compared to network transmission
delays, even if for the initial setup of connections this may require
initial roundtrips on the first visit for a given domain, or occasionally
to renew the expired security tokens)