Currency patterns and fraction information

John Emmons emmo at us.ibm.com
Fri Nov 7 12:07:29 CST 2014

Isaac, the reason is that the currency pattern can more generally apply to
ANY currency, not just the one that is most commonly used in the country.
For example, in the Japanese locale, I have the default currency pattern of
"¤#,##0.00" which would apply as "€1,234.56" for euros, or "¥1,235" for
yen.

Regards,

John C. Emmons
Globalization Architect & Unicode CLDR TC Chairman
IBM Software Group
Internet: emmo at us.ibm.com