What script is bm.xml?

Martin Hosken martin_hosken at sil.org
Mon Jun 23 01:22:18 CDT 2014

Dear All,

I notice that there is bm.xml and bm_Latn.xml. How is one to know that bm.xml should really be bm_Nkoo.xml? In supplementalData.xml there is a scripts="Latn Nkoo" entry, so we can tell that the script for bm.xml should be either Latn or Nkoo. Further in the same file it lists that 46% of the population of Mali is literate in Bambara in Latin, but only 2% in Nkoo script.

Is there a data driven approach to resolving the script for a particular .xml file or do I have to use a process of elimination (bm_Latn.xml exists, so bm.xml must be Nkoo)?

TIA,
Yours,
Martin