adding all of iso639_3 to either en.xml or root.xml

Martin Hosken martin_hosken at sil.org
Mon Jul 14 23:47:26 CDT 2014

Dear All,

I notice that en.xml only contains localeDisplayNames/languages/language entries for a subset of iso639-3. Is there a case for filling out the list based on iso639-3 reference names so that people don't have to fallback to data not in the CLDR? Or, given iso639 has these reference names, is there a case for putting them into the root. I realise it's a bit odd to put what amounts to English names into root.xml. OTOH these are the official reference names and so act as fallback for all languages, so perhaps it would be appropriate. I'm happy either way. But I think CLDR would benefit from having the complete reference name mapping of iso639-3 in it.

Yours,
Martin