Unicode Regex Question

Mark Davis ☕️ mark at macchiato.com
Wed Dec 31 12:28:44 CST 2014

{phone}
On Dec 31, 2014 3:31 PM, "Nick Patch" <patch at cpan.org> wrote:

> On 31 December 2014 at 05:51, Mark Davis ☕️ <mark at macchiato.com> wrote:
>
> > The $ in CLDR transforms is NOT the same as $ in regex.
>
> Considering that transform syntax shares some common elements with regex
syntax, it might be good to document that regular expressions are not
supported in transforms. They both share Unicode sets (character classes),
but the similarities stop there.

Good idea. It is more than just the sets, but is a very limited subset of
regex operations, plus some special features.

> > Cameron, would you mind filing a CLDR ticket to update and expand the
documentation?

> I created a ticket yesterday when I noticed that this was undocumented in
UTS #35: