Unicode Regex Question

Mark Davis ☕️ mark at macchiato.com
Wed Dec 31 03:27:15 CST 2014

On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 1:40 AM, Philippe Verdy <verdy_p at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Your example with "[[a$b][:script=greek:]]" does not make any sense if
> that $ means an "end of string" and where it is embedded in a character
> class itself in another embedding character-class.

​That is incorrect. The way the transform works, any reference to a
character position outside the bounds of a string matches $. So what I
wrote matches the start or end of a string, or a, or b, or any greek-script
character.

However, if you look at the transform data files, you'll see real cases
where $ is used, rather than the artificial one I used.

As to the rest of your post, tl;dr.

Mark <https://google.com/+MarkDavis>

*— Il meglio è l’inimico del bene —*