Unit Intervals

Philippe Verdy verdy_p at wanadoo.fr
Wed Dec 10 04:43:38 CST 2014

The term "interval" is badly chosen in what he describes; Cameron actually
wants to express periodicity (without any implied start or end; i.e. only
the frequency).
However his description is limited to multiples of a base time unit; but he
forgets submultiples :
e.g. "twice a week" vs. "every two weeks"
The intended usage could include displying an interface for controling a
task scheduler (such as the shell command "at"); or adding a repeated event
in a personal calendar.
I suggest he looks into exisitng interface for personal calendars (in
smartphones for example) or help pages for programmed schedulers ("at",
"cron", Task Manager in Windows; etc.).